How To Get Rid Of Varicose Veins With Radiofrequency Venous Ablation
Varicose veins are skin impurities that can make you want to hide your legs forever. Thanks to technology, you can now say goodbye to your varicose veins with advanced treatments like radiofrequency venous ablation. Discover how to get rid of varicose veins and what causes them to develop on your body
Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen, and twisted veins under your skin. They develop when the damaged or weak veins disrupt the normal blood flow to the heart and pool or let the blood flow in the opposite direction. The accumulated blood in the area will expand and distort the veins and turn them into varicose veins.
Symptoms and Causes of Varicose Veins
- Bluish or dark purple veins on your skin
- Twisted bluish veins and feel a bit raised or bulging in the skin
- Heavy feeling in your legs
- Leg muscle cramps
- Pain during after prolonged sitting or standing
- Itchy legs after a walk
- Skin discoloration in the affected area
Spider Veins vs. Varicose Veins
Spider veins and varicose veins often confuse patients due to their similarities. They both develop from disrupted blood flow but affect different types of veins and have some distinctive features.
Spider veins are closer to the skin and smaller in size than varicose veins. They often look like thin red or blue spider webs on your legs or face.
Ideally, you can get rid of your varicose veins by changing your lifestyle and using compression stockings. However, medical treatment is necessary when the varicose veins start to cause pain, blood clots, and skin problems. Either it’s for a cosmetic reason or medical purpose, here are the vein treatments that you can explore to treat your varicose veins:
- Radiofrequency Venous Ablation(RFA) is a minimally invasive treatment where a thin catheter electrode is inserted into the varicose vein. The catheter will use electrical waves to warm the vein for up to 110–120° C, shrink the vein, and seal it off. Your doctor will give you a local anesthetic during the procedure. The treatment can only last in minutes, depending on the number of veins treated.
- Sclerotherapy is a non-invasive treatment wherein a solution is injected into the affected vein to reroute the blood flow to the neighboring veins and seal it off. It will take several sessions at your doctor’s medical practice with an interval of 4 to 6 weeks to completely close the varicose vein.
- Laser therapy and intense light pulse (ILP) is another non-invasive treatment wherein a light seals off the spider veins and varicose veins. It is an alternative to sclerotherapy for patients that have anxiety with injections or any form of surgery.
Hadi Medical Group Offers Venous Ablation and Sclerotherapy
Restore your flawless legs with radiofrequency venous ablation and sclerotherapy. Our team is composed of medically-trained doctors to provide you with safe and exceptional vein treatments like venous ablation in Plainview, NY.
What to Expect
You will undergo a medical consultation to check the intensity of your varicose veins. Your medical exams may include any of the following:
- Ultrasound test for veins
- Venous evaluation
- Vein scan
Experience non-invasive and comfortable treatments for your varicose veins by scheduling an appointment now.